Monday, November 18, 2013

Chantelle Asante - Men are afraid of me

Chantelleasante
Chantelle Asante may not be a household name but anyone who has watched the movie, well or seen the music video ‘I’m In Love With Your Girlfriend’ by Sarkodie and Jayso might have seen her do her own thing.

Also, Chantelle is currently the producer of The One Show, Jamming Spot, This Morning and Boys Boys on Viasat 1.

As good looking as she is, one would have thought she would be spoilt for choice when it comes to men but she has debunked that notion.

Talking to Showbiz last Monday, Chantelle, 28, said
it seems the men are afraid to approach her not to even talk of dating her. “I haven’t been on a date since 2010. Men hardly approach me these days. I think it is probably because of my beauty or my accent”.

Chantelle also thinks her tight work schedule is one big a contributory factor why she doesn’t have a ‘squeeze’.

“I spend most of my time at work trying to get things done the right way. My day starts as early as 5 am and I get home very late. I have to come up with interesting topics for the programmes I produce so I hardly think of my love life. For now it is work and nothing else”, Chantelle said.

Despite her busy schedule, Chantelle said she wouldn’t mind to get hooked to a man who is loyal, caring, handsome and hardworking.

She also refuted the rumours that she ever dated Jon Germain when she featured in the video clip for his song In My Mind in 2010. Although she didn’t say exactly why, Chantelle said “I can date anyone but not a musician. I am not really into them.”

Away from her love life, Chantelle is a graduate of Kingston University in the U.K where she read Media Studies and Sociology. She started work as a researcher on the One Show at Viasat 1 in 2010. Due to her hard work, she was later asked to produce three more programmes in addition to the One Show.

Chantelle can only boast of a movie, which also featured Kofi Adjorlolo and Yvonne Nelson.

However, due to her tight work schedule, she is not sure if she would be seen in more movies anytime soon.

- Ghanaweb

No comments: