A spokesman for the military, Colonel Nwanchukwu Onyema, who spoke at the joint briefing of the National Information Centre did not give details of the charges against the soldiers on trial, he told journalists that details of their offences would be made public after investigations are completed. Continue...
Colonel Nwanchukwu also declined to speak on the number of soldiers involved, but reports say 18 soldiers involved in the alleged mutiny in Maiduguri, Borno State, are facing six-count charge of committing mutiny, criminal conspiracy to commit mutiny, attempted murder, disobedience to particular orders, insubordinate behaviour contrary to and punishable under the law, and false accusation.
In May, the Army had explained that “the incident occurred when the corpses of 4 soldiers who died in an ambush while returning from patrol duties in Chibok was being conveyed to the morgue”.
Meanwhile, the Co-ordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr Mike Omeri, says more arms and ammunition have been discovered in the forests linking Bauchi and Borno states.
Source: Channels TV
2. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West planning THREE Ceremonies!
3. Special Photos: Tiwa and Teebillz get ready to tie the knot tomorrow in Dubai
4. PHOTOS: Stunning bride: Tiwa Savage.
5. Photos from Alvan Ikoku's son's wedding
6. Official photos from Ohimai Amaize and Tessy Oliseh's wedding