said to have agreed to release the stolen money.
AFP reports that the federal government said today Thursday June 19th that it dropped the charges against Mohammed in a deal to allow the return of the Liechtenstein money.
Mohammed Abacha is wanted in the US for his alleged part in laundering $458m in funds stolen by his late father and frozen by the U.S in February. Abacha, who died in 1998 and is believed to have stolen up to $5 billion.
2. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West planning THREE Ceremonies!
3. Special Photos: Tiwa and Teebillz get ready to tie the knot tomorrow in Dubai
4. PHOTOS: Stunning bride: Tiwa Savage.
5. Photos from Alvan Ikoku's son's wedding
6. Official photos from Ohimai Amaize and Tessy Oliseh's wedding