A statement released by the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Samantha Power says the move was to help close all avenue of funding received by Boko Haram members
With this blacklisting, it makes it an offence for any country or individual to provide any form of support to Boko Haram. The group is now subject to an international asset freeze, travel ban and arms embargo."Today, the Security Council took an important step
in support of the government of Nigeria’s efforts to defeat Boko Haram and hold its murderous leadership accountable for atrocities. By adding Boko Haram to the U.N.’s 1267 (al Qaeda) sanctions list, the Security Council has helped to close off important avenues of funding, travel and weapons to Boko Haram, and shown global unity against their savage actions,”
Follow us On Twitter
2. Kim Kardashian & Kanye West planning THREE Ceremonies!
3. Special Photos: Tiwa and Teebillz get ready to tie the knot tomorrow in Dubai
4. PHOTOS: Stunning bride: Tiwa Savage.
5. Photos from Alvan Ikoku's son's wedding
6. Official photos from Ohimai Amaize and Tessy Oliseh's wedding