Thursday, January 9, 2014

Glo/CAF Awards: John Mikel Obi to fly to Lagos in Chelsea jet

The Glo/CAF African Player of the Year Award 2014 will hold tomorrow Thursday January 9th at Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos and one of its nominees, Super Eagles and Chelsea midfielder, John Mikel Obi, will be specially flown into Lagos for the ceremony in a jet provided by his club, Chelsea.
“I am coming for the CAF awards, I will be flown in and out of Nigeria by the Chelsea jet. I will arrive on the awards day and return immediately after,” Mikel told MTNFootball.com “It is an honour to be selected and nominated for the award. I am looking forward to winning it for my country.” He also said
Mikel is up against Cote d'Ivoire and Man City player Yaya Toure and Cote d'Ivoire and Galatasaray player, Didier Drogba. Yaya Toure won it last year..you think Mikel deserves to win it this year?

No comments: