Following the last Friday attack on the 202 tank Mohammed Kur Barrack Bama, located at Bama Local Government Area of Borno State, where many soldiers were killed and armories carted away, Borno residents have called on President Goodluck Jonathan to relocate to Maiduguri until the insurgents are crushed.
A public commentator Mallam Abduraham said that President Goodluck Jonathan was busy thinking about 2015, instead of taking the fight against Boko Haram with all seriousness.
According to him, “the President takes the war as Borno, Yobe and Adamawa affairs while the insurgency poised a great danger on the existence of the country”.
He said if the insurgents could sack a whole Barack and cart away armories, “there is great danger ahead of us as a nation, the way things are going, the
insurgents would capture Borno, Yobe and Adamawa and will advance to other states.
“President Jonathan has to fight the insurgents with all seriousness, if not, the way things are moving, the insurgents will take over the whole country”.
He added that instead of the military taking the battle to the Boko Haram terrorists camps, they allow themselves to be on the defensive side.
He said there was need for President Jonathan and the service chiefs to relocate to Maiduguri until they see to the end of the insurgency.
A Bama resident who does not want his name in print told DailyPost that considering the attack on the barracks, he was considering the option of running to Cameroon.
He said the insurgents had already weakened the military and by the time they get more weapons, they would take over the state and advance to others states of the Federation.
Another Bama resident Mr. Peter Nwonsu said President Goodluck and the army chiefs have sit up and fight insurgents by considering the option of relocating to Maidguri and stop thinking about 2015, if not the country is at risks of being taking over by the insurgents going by their growing strength.
For Mr. Daniel Audu, the state of emergency declared on the three states was of no effect, stressing that “if the insurgents could take over a barracks, hoist their flag and later leave the premises unchallenged, there is great danger ahead of us as a nation”.
He urged President Jonathan to forget about 2015 and face the war against insurgency.
It could be recalled that the insurgents attacked the 33 Artillery regiment Barrack and Air Force base in Maiduguri three weeks ago.
Also, on Friday, they attacked a barracks in Bama, carted away armories, and abducted military officers’ wives and children.
Via: DailyPost report